Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Whiny whiny whine

So....it's been a while.

I've been told by several people that they miss my blog & wondered why I haven't been writing lately.
It's not that I haven't had anything to write about (cuz there's been more than enough going on), it's more that I haven't had the energy to figure out how to put the swirling mess of my brain into any kind of cohesive format.
I'm not entirely sure what happened to November.  Like I'm pretty sure all I did was blink and it was gone.

Actually that's not entirely true...there was Thanksgiving and work and dance and a lot of time spent helping a friend and then moving into my own place and....ok, so I guess that's what happened to November.
But now it's December and I only have 2 more days of teaching for this semester....which is completely crazy to me.

My other problem is that now that (for the most part) the whole blog challenge has kind of fizzled out, I've kept having this feeling that to post my whining and frustrations (which is mainly what's been consuming my brain) online for all to see is kind of self-indulgent and showy.  I actually have a different old blog that is pretty much secret and now exists solely as an online journal, and in fact, the last 3 things that I've written with the intension of posting here, at the last second I moved them to the other blog.  
Though, as it was recently pointed out to me....blogs are for whining (thanks Tav).  I guess kind of the point is to post your thoughts and rants and raves and if others choose to read them then....
But for some reason I've felt like everything that keeps coming out is so bitchy and complaining....and when it really comes down to it, I pretty much have nothing to complain about, so then I just feel bad for whining.....and end up posting nothing at all.

So there you have it.  I've been trying to write something to post all day.  And finally just decided that I might as well write about my worries in not being able to write anything.

1 comment:

  1. I think that sometimes whining is a good thing, though. Sometimes if you read it and realize how idiotic it sounds, you might feel stupid, but you also might realize a new solution. Sometimes other people have really amazing things to say. Sometimes looking back it can make you laugh. Sometimes it actually is valid. And sometimes you just need to be a self-indulgent, whiney little brat, because it's healthy every once in awhile. (And I'm glad that you posted something, because I kind of miss you a little bit.)

    ReplyDelete