Sunday, October 31, 2010

God's coolness in spite of my neurosis

NOTE: I feel I should make an apology for my last post...I fell asleep while writing it, and I'm pretty sure clicked the "publish post" button in my sleep.

So....God is cool.  I am continually amazed at how often I stress over something, and then, really without any doing on my part, things work out even better than if I had planned it.

It's been an insane 2 weeks.  First getting everything ready for the Artisan Fair at Edgehill Village, and then all the extra rehearsals in preparation for out performance at the Frist.  Oh, and another reason God is cool...all last week I was really struggling with feeling completely inept as a dancer.  Maybe it was stress, or lack of sleep, or simply old insecurities rearing their ugly heads, but I left just about every rehearsal feeling like the stupid dancer with no talent or ability to retain choreography or critique of any kind.  But in spite of my neurosis, the Company Rose performance at the Frist went beautifully, to much critical acclaim...though personally, my feelings were primarily relief that I didn't screw anything up too terribly.  And then last night I received a text message that included such extravagant, sincere and detailed praise of me as a dancer and specifically of my performance that I literally still don't even know what to say.  It was encouragement that couldn't have come at a more poignant time.  If I can only manage to remember that (to quote my favorite Twila Paris song of my teenage years....Andrew Collins, that was for you) God Is In Control, then maybe I will someday learn to trust and not spaz out so much all the freakin' time.

1 comment: