Tuesday, October 19, 2010

This Saturday, Edgehill Village

So today was a weird day.  I think most of the people in Nashville took stupid pills along with their daily vitamins.  Lots of miscommunication and bad drivers and weird clumsiness.  But it was also extremely productive and fulfilling...in fact, so productive and fulfilling that I now feel completely drained.  And kind of also that the last thing I want to do right now is write and try to be any more creative or productive...but a challenge is a challenge ;)

So this Saturday Audra & I will be featured artists at the Edgehill Village Artisan Fair, exploring the concept of blurring the lines between dance as a performance art and a visual art.  The idea is that we will be a kind of living, large-scale, installation piece.

This is kind of a big deal.  I'm trying to not think too much about it, but really this is technically the debut of FALL as an entity.  Granted, the company currently consists of Audra and I...and Audra and I, and Audra and I (considering all the roles that the two of us are filling, we really should count as at least a 6 person company).

I have no idea who is/will be reading this blog, but it just occurred to me that most may not have a clue what on earth I'm talking about...for anyone feeling left in the dark:
FALL is the name of the dance company that I am starting.  It's the reason I moved back here to Nashville.  It's the thing that I have always said I wanted to do with my life.
So um, yeah, no pressure.

Anyways....so, everyone should come on Saturday...we'll be there hanging from the ceiling intermittently between 1:00 and 4:00.  I'll probably make a FB thing about it tomorrow...but for now, sleep.

2 comments:

  1. I wish I wasn't already chained to a really busy day Saturday. I want to be there for the begining.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the debut! Since you said you had no idea who is reading this blog, thought I'd just give you a heads up on one of the cheering throng!
    Love.

    ReplyDelete