Tuesday, October 26, 2010

"There is a design, an alignment to cry..."

So.....it just occurred to me that one week from tonight I get to see Mumford and Sons!!  And then 6 days after that...I get to see them again!!!!!


If you have never heard of this band, I dare you to watch this and not be instantly enamored.  
Mumford & Sons - Dustbowl Dance



Their energy is infectious...and live it's completely intoxicating.  There are other acts that may put more into production, but musically, it is hands down the best live show I've ever seen.  


So the camera work is not great on this one, but it's from their St. Louis show I went to in June, and I was standing right next to the girl who filmed it (I met and hung out w/ her for a little while after the show), so you're pretty much seeing it as I did....and in her defense, the reason the camera is so shaky is that everyone was so into it that the ground was literally shaking (and I don't mean that in a "I-said-"literally"-but-actually-meant-and-should-have-said-figuratively sort of way).
Roll Away Your Stone - St. Louis 6/15

Yeahhhhh, so I might be MILDLY obsessed ;)  Annndd I have convinced at least a half dozen others to be almost as obsessed as I am.  I have found that obsessions are always more fun in groups ;)


Ok I reeeeaaallllyyyyy should sleep now (considering that that is the third time now that I have typed waaaayyy toooooo many letters into a particular word to indicate emphasis and inflection)....I'm going to end with some of my favorite lyrics, maybe ever....


Love that will not betray you,
dismay or enslave you,
it will set you free
to be more like the man
you were made to be.
There is a design, 
an alignment to cry 
of my heart to see
the beauty of love
as it was made to be.
- Mumford & Sons, Sigh No More

No comments:

Post a Comment